Normally by this point in the year there have already been plenty of tornado warnings and days of severe weather, but this year seems to be different. Today is one of the first major issued tornado warning.
I suppose that this is bot ha good and a bad thing. It’s good because there’s been no tornadoes, but it’s bad because it signals the start of tornado season, which seems to get longer and longer every year.
Pros of storm season:
1. Lots of rain makes the grass super green.
2. It’s a perfect reason to stay inside and read all day.
3. Tea. All day. Just sit inside and drink tea.
4. Storms are just gorgeous to look at. The clouds get all dark and everything just feels wild.
Cons of storm season:
1. Storm damage. Which isn’t a good thing in the least. It’s not good for anyone.
2. Going outside is cruddy, especially when you’ve done your hair (that’s the worst).
3. Sometimes, your windshield wipers don’t go fast enough to let you see anything on the road in front of you.
4. Large rain splatters hurt. Really, they do. No matter where they hit you, they always seem to sting, in varying degrees.
But, in most cases, storm season isn’t really all the bad as a whole. It certainly is a nice change from snow and sleet, even if it rains all the time. Storm season means that spring is getting closer. Any teenager should know what spring means; AP exams, finals and summer.
I think that right there is the best about storm season, impending summer break. Maybe that’s because this is my last no worries summer because really, there’s nothing better than having no real responsibilities in the summer.
Iowa during storm season is probably the most beautiful part of the year; even when the storms are just over empty farm land. Iowa may be pretty boring, but it’s prettier than people give it credit for.
Thank you for reading! For your time, here’s a picture of the Amsterdam river front.